Calendering, Continuous Sheet & Molded Sheet RubberSilicones / Elastomers
Reiss Manufacturing has the capabilities to produce both solid or sponge silicone sheet in a variety of colors, thicknesses and durometer. Our calendering operation offers continuous rolled sheet in silicone, fluorosilicone, Viton®, EPDM and EPR rubber. Calendering processes include:
- Calendered rolls with precision thicknesses
- Calendered widths up to 42″ in various rolled lengths
- Solid, continuous rolls in a variety of durometer
- Calendered thicknesses of .005″ to .250″ and low durometer can be calendered up to .50″ thick
- Silicone gaskets, O-rings, and seals fabricated from continuous sheets
- Transparent, translucent, and color matched silicone sheets
- Smooth or textured surfaces
- Rubber sheet molded or calendered with pressure sensitive adhesive applied
- Molded silicone, fluorosilicone, Viton®, and EPDM sheets in 24″x24″ or 36″x36″ in various thicknesses or density
- High and low temperature formulated sheet
- Electrically conductive grade sheeting filled with carbon black or other conductive powders
- Food grade use rubber sheeting
- High strength and low compression set formulated rubber sheet
- Oil, fuels and chemical resistant formulations
- Calendered materials laminated with dissimilar materials such as Teflon®, polypropylene, fiberglass and others
- Sponge sheeting available in a variety of densities
- Durometer range from 10 to 90 Shore A
- Standard thickness and Durometer in stock
- Continuous sheet/rolled in various thicknesses and durometer of silicone, Fluorosilicone, EPDM, EPR, Fluorocarbon, and Viton&trade rubber is offered
- Parts can be die-cut or water-jet cut from our various materials
Silicone rubber is a versatile material that performs well under extreme temperatures. Further, silicone rubber has superior resistance to water, ozone and weather; and makes an excellent electrical insulator.
We process several types of silicone, including transparent/translucent, FDA and cloth inserted silicone materials.
EPDM Rubber Sheet & Rolls
EPDM rubber has excellent resistance to weathering and ozone, good to very good aging resistance and low temperature flexibility, low electrical conductivity and satisfactory resistance to polar chemicals. EPDM rubber is commonly used in the construction and automotive industries.
We process several types of EPDM, including commercial grade and high strength.
Viton® Fluoroelastomer Rubber
Viton® Fluoroelastomer is the most specified fluoroelastomer, well known for its excellent (527°F/275°C) heat resistance. Viton® offers excellent resistance to aggressive fuels and chemicals.
Applications: Viton® fluoroelastomer rubber is most frequently used in O-rings and other sealant type devices.